Moving to Alert Level 2 at Onerahi Primary School
Kia ora Onerahi whānau,
Yesterday the Prime Minister announced that Northland will be entering Alert Level 2 and schools are safe environments for students and staff. This means that Onerahi School will be ready to accept all students on Thursday 9th September, and will follow the normal school hours of 9am to 3pm. During level 2 it is essential that numbers on the school site are kept to a minimum. Please note the gates will open from 8.30am until 9am and 2.50pm until 3.15pm.
There are important guidelines for Alert Level 2. These are:
– We encourage parents to drop off and pick up children from the school gates. This will help minimise contact between people.
– If coming onsite you MUST sign in through the Covid Tracer app at any entrance or the manual sign in sheets outside Room 1, Room 17 and Room 22.
– If you need to access the office, please call ahead (09) 4360 521.
– We encourage visiting adults to wear masks as per the recommendation from the Ministry of Health. This is not mandatory.
– You must maintain social distancing of 2m while outside and 1m when inside.
– Children are not required to wear masks as per the advice of the Ministry of Health.
– Adults and children must stay at home if sick and let the office or classroom teacher know.
– Maintaining good hygiene and regular cleaning practices will be followed at all times.
– Children are to ensure they have their own drink bottle and snack. Lunch by Libelle will provide free school lunches starting Thursday.
– Your primary source of contact continues to be your classroom teacher, and please do not hesitate to do so.
As more information becomes available we will make sure to keep you informed of any changes to the above. Together we can ensure everyone is kept safe.
Me mahi tahi tātou mō te oranga o te katoa
We should work together for the wellbeing of everyone