Follow this Post
Do you want to make your very own KawaKawa balm?
It is good for dry lips, sun burns and cuts. Here is the recipe.
12 kawakawa leaves 1 litre of olive oil 1 1 cup of beeswax half a hand full of lavender flowers for scent (optional)
a stove 1 pot a plastic bowl 1 sieve a roll of glad wrap
1. harvest 12 kawakawa leaves with lots of holes because the caterpillars have eaten those particular ones because they think they are the best from the tree and they have the most medicine.
2. rip leaves into little bits and take the stem off.
3. put them into a bowl. Cover with a litre of olive oil and seal with glad wrap.
4. wait 2 weeks for leaves to soak.
5. heat olive oil and kawakawa leaves to a boil.
6. drain leaves using a sieve .
7. put oil into another pot, add beeswax and bring to boil .
8. add tea tree or lavender for a wonderful scent (optional)
9. pour into a container and push down.
10. leave in a fridge for a night to harden a bit.
That is the kawakawa recipe. You have just made your very own kawakawa balm.